Congratulations Performance Initiatives Champion, Kaiya Bryant! Bryant lifted her 5th Youth National Title in the W16-17/55kg division yesterday, June 27, 2022. Bryant lifted personal records of 76kg snatch, 102kg clean and jerk to total 178kg- sweeping GOLD across the board.
Kaiya Bryant is completing her last year in the 17U division as a highly decorated national and international level athlete in Olympic Weightlifting. Her accolades are as follows:
• 2016 Youth National Champion – 11U/45kg best female lifter/ *national record holder
• 2018 Youth National Champion – 13U/45kg & 49kg best female lifter/ * national record holder
• 2019 Youth National Champion - 14-15/49kg best female lifter/ * national record holder
• 2019 Team USA Youth World Championships /Silver in CJ, Bronze in total *broke 3 national records
• 2019 Youth Pan American Championships- Gold Medalist (49kg)
• 2020 Youth National Champion (55kg)
• 2021 Youth Pan American Team USA member (55kg) (2nd place)
• 2022 Youth Pan American Team Member (55kg) (postponed)
• 2022 Youth National Champion (W16-17/ 55kg)
Kaiya will return to training next week with her focus on setting new national records in the W16-17/55kg division by the end of 2022 with a focus on being successful in the Junior division in 2023.
Watch Kaiya lifts by clicking on this link - PI Lifter Kaiya Bryant at Nationals
As seen on the Prep Sports Report via Travis Jaudon - Nine Coastal Empire Weightlifters heading to 2022 USA National Championships
Photo - Performance Initiatives